Interpreter services, including sign language, are provided free of charge to you during any covered service or appeals process.
Members are referred to Managed Health Services (MHS) interpreters and translators in a variety of ways:
- Members are able to request interpreter & translations services directly from a translation provider. MHS has working relationships with most of the major translation vendors in the counties we serve. MHS can also accommodate the use of other interpreters, who are professionally engaged in translation services.
- Participating Providers may request that an interpreter be assigned to accompany members to their medical, dental or mental health appointments. Providers should contact Member Services for a list of interpeters in their area.
- Members or their representatives may ask us to arrange for an interpreter to accompany them to any covered service. Member Services can use the Language Line, TDD TELEPHONE line or the hearing-impaired relay service to assist in these arrangements.
- MHS Medical Management Department may request that an interpreter be assigned to accompany members to their medical, dental or mental health appointments. The Member Connections Department will arrange this with the member.
- Emergency interpreter services will be provided by the Language Line.