Complaints and Appeals

What should I do if I have a complaint? Who do I call?

MHS Health Wisconsin wants to help. Any one on our staff can accept your complaint. If you have a complaint, you can also call your Member Advocate. Most of the time, we can help you right away or at most, within a few days. Call toll free at 1-800-547-1647 and ask for an advocate. You can also file a complaint through our website. Click on "Contact" at the top of the page. Or you can write us at:

Attention Advocate
801 S. 60th Street,
Suite 200
West Allis, WI 53214

If you want to talk to someone outside of MHS Health about the problem, call the HMO Enrollment Specialist at 1-800-291-2002. The Enrollment Specialist may be able to help you solve the problem. They can also help you write a formal complaint to MHS Health or to the State HMO Program. The address of the State HMO Program is:

HMO Ombuds
P.O. Box 6470
Madison, WI 53716.

We cannot treat you differently than other Members because you file a complaint. Your healthcare benefits will not be affected.

Can someone from MHS Health help me file a complaint?

Our MHS Health Member Advocate can help you file a complaint. Call toll free at 1-800-547-1647 and ask for an advocate.

What are the requirements and timeframes for filing a complaint?

You can file a complaint at any time. A complaint may be filed over the phone, by mail, or online at

How long will it take to process my complaint?

Most of the time we can help you right away or at the most within a few days. MHS Health will have an answer to your complaint within thirty (30) days of the date you submit your complaint.